Instructions for Changing the Davis Vantage Pro 2 Weather Station Battery
The Outdoor unit requires a 3V CR123A Battery
- Lift the tab at the bottom of the front of the SIM (transmitter box) on the weather station (the part with the solar panels).
- While lifting the tab, gently slide the front cover of the SIM upwards. (Be careful not to damage the connection between the solar panels and the circuit board.)
- Remove the battery from the SIM
- Place the new battery in the battery compartment
- Check to ensure that the solar panels are connected to the circuit board.
- Line the grooves on the side of the front panel with the grooves on the back shelter of the SIM.
- Pushing the front of the SIM on to the rest of the shelter, slide the panel down until you hear the tab at the bottom click.
- Check to ensure the front panel is securely fastened.